We Invite You to Become a Member of the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce.
What is it?
The Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of citizens who are investing their time and money in a community development program, working together to improve the economic, civic and cultural well-being of Lawrence County.
Citizens who are interested in helping to develop the area, (which means more money – more business – more jobs and better living for everyone) are eligible to be members of the Chamber. The investment structure is designed to permit even the smallest business to be a member.
The Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce is NOT tax supported. The work of the Chamber is financed by the investment of the members who support it on the basis of their ability to pay and their interest in the progress of the area.
The Chamber of Commerce is composed of committee workers, directors and officers who server without pay. A full time staff is employed to assist and implement the work of the volunteers.
Why Join? What’s in it for Me?
- BECAUSE – You are a a citizen doing business in this county and sharing in its prosperity. The obligations of business citizenship challenge every person and institution to subscribe actively to the advancement of the community of which they are a part.
- BECAUSE – You prosper as our county prospers. By helping to build a thriving community your investment is strengthened and your opportunities are broadened. You have a personal interest in these objectives.
- BECAUSE – Progress and prosperity depend on the development of a sound economic and social structure. These result from vigilant aggressiveness and a continuing program of activities designed to cultivate opportunities and capitalize advantages.
- BECAUSE – The support of all business and professional men and women is necessary to bring about the economic improvement of our county and the civic and business development demanded by our modern standards of living.
- BECAUSE – These goals can be reached only by united effort through an organization equipped to study and conduct a sound program of community progress.
- BECAUSE – The Chamber of Commerce is the only organization consistently and exclusively engaged promoting the civic and economic development of YOUR community in Lawrence County. The Chamber is the only organization whose sole business is the business of business.