1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is April 15th 4:30 p.m. (No exceptions).
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
3. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e. Official High School Transcript) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Submissions should be mailed to the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce or delivered to the Chamber office. All submissions must be TYPED or PRINTED.
Address: P. O. Box 842
109 SW Front St.
Walnut Ridge, AR 72476
5. The selections will be announced at the recipient’s awards program or graduation. The recipients will be notified prior.
6. If you have any questions about the application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chamber office at 870-886-3232.
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student’s institution, upon evidence of registration. This includes student identification number and correct address of institution’s business/finance office.
Award Components: $1000 scholarship awarded to students selected by the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee.
1. High School Senior OR Currently Enrolled College Student pursuing a two- or four-year degree or specialized training in selected areas of agriculture including, but not limited to: Business, forestry, communications, education, management, finance, food service, marketing, merchandising, sales, science, engineering animal or plant breeding/pathology, mechanization, natural resources, veterinary sciences, soil or water conservation, wildlife management, welding or diesel mechanics.
2. Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale required, and/or a score of 19 or higher on the ACT.
3. Applicants must have academic achievement, leadership activities and community service involvement.
4. High School Applicants must reside in a Lawrence County School District and attend a school in Lawrence County. College Applicants must reside in Lawrence County.